Wine gets better with age, but most things don’t have it that easy as time passes. Fortunately, your teeth don’t have to give in to the aging process. Cosmetic dentistry offers a variety of ways for your smile to look younger than it did 20 years ago. If only everything in life came with the option to turn back the clock. Keep reading to learn from your cosmetic dentist in Arlington Heights about how age can wear on your smile, as well as your treatment options.
How Can Aging Affect My Teeth?
Some signs of aging in your smile are natural, while others are induced:
- Darkened or yellow teeth: The underlying tooth layer thickens as people age, causing this change
- Dingy teeth: Drinking certain beverages and/or tobacco smoke speeds up this change
- Crooked teeth: Gum tissue develops problems and when gums recede, teeth no longer remain in their original positions
- Worn-down teeth: Chewing and grinding wear away enamel and structure of teeth
- Fragile teeth: Your teeth become more brittle, leading to cracks, chips, and shearing
What Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments Can Inject Youth into My Smile?
Your dentist offers a variety of options with different benefits to suit your smile needs:
- Teeth Whitening: In-office teeth whitening only takes about 60 minutes or you can go with a convenient professional take-home whitening kit that can deliver optimal results in about two weeks.
- Tooth-Colored Fillings: Enjoy composite-resin, tooth-colored fillings as an alternative to traditional amalgam material. It can be shaded to closely match your smile, plus it’s not sensitive to changes in temperature. These fillings are durable and conservative so you can maintain more of your tooth’s natural healthy structure.
- Porcelain Veneers: This comprehensive treatment can address virtually all imperfections. Handcrafted composite and porcelain veneers look so realistic that nobody will know you’ve had any work done. They fit over the visible surface of your teeth are more resistant against discoloration than your original enamel.
- All-Ceramic Dental Restorations: This treatment solution is the perfect blend of aesthetic and restorative benefits, restoring teeth seamlessly in a durable and biocompatible fashion. Better yet, CEREC allows your dental team to create and place the finished product in just one appointment, saving you valuable time.
Father Time is undefeated except when it comes to cosmetic dentistry treatments. Your cosmetic dentist in Arlington Heights can help you get that smile you’ve been looking for. Schedule your consultation to get started!
About the Practice
At Costello & DeHart Dental Excellence, our dentists Dr. Ernie Costello and Dr. Jay DeHart lead a staff that strives to be engaged, respectful, flexible, collaborative, and receptive to constructive feedback. We know your schedule can get busy, so we offer evening and Saturday hours. We offer all the cosmetic options mentioned in this blog post and more. To schedule a consultation, visit our website or call (847) 259-1111.